Friday, October 16, 2009

Kind Words for WeeHands

Kind words for a wonderful WeeHands Instructor, Denise DesRoches, from one of her class participants!

"I just thought I would check in and let you know that my daughter is now 13 months and very active. She is saying many words and signs MILK, COOKIE, BATH, FINISHED, PLEASE and SLEEP.

I am so very proud of her and I love that she is able to communicate with signs. It is true that it reduces the frustration that can occur when babies are trying to communicate. I have now seen this first hand. On a few occasions she has signed "cookie" to people that do not know ASL and I have explained to them what she is asking for and they were obviously impressed. I love sharing ASL with others.

Thank you so much for all the work you do. We could not have asked for a better teacher. Know that our learning has not stopped when WeeHands classes ended. My husband and I plan on continuing to sign with our daughter, we all love it.
"

Congratulations Denise!

No comments: