Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Welcome Kelly to our teaching team!

We want to send a great big welcome to one of our newest WeeHands Instructors, Kelly Humphrey!

Kelly Humphrey is a Registered Early Childhood Educator who has been working in the early childhood education field since 2009 with Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham. Kelly has been studying American Sign Language at Durham College since 2010 and graduated from the Early Childhood Education at Durham College in 2009.

Kelly shares, "I couldn't be happier that everyday I have the opportunity to help the children learn, socialize and have lots of FUN! I always knew that learning ASL was something I wanted to do but I was unaware of the impact it would have on my life. Currently I am working toward my ASL Certificate from Durham College. For me, class was never enough time to practice ASL. I quickly got myself involved in my local Deaf community by volunteering my time and meeting so many wonderful people. Monthly, I help to plan parties for deaf, hard of hearing and hearing children alike. This is a time for children and parents to interact, have fun and use lots of ASL!"

For more information about Kelly's classes, contact 905-244-2279 or email: kelly@weehands.com.

No comments: