Tuesday, July 06, 2010

...Making Us Blush

Just received these very kind words for WeeHands and we are blushing...

I have been a member of this group (and the Facebook one as well) for a while, and I have mostly just been reading what everyone has to say. The advice on here has been phenomenal.

An now, FINALLY, my Baby Signing Book has arrived. Plus I got the new DVD, too!

There are so many things explained in the book that would have helped me with my first son (he is now almost 23 months, and only knows the MORE sign, which he originally used to communicate MORE, FEED ME, FEED ME NOW, NO I DON'T WANT THAT GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE, CAN I HAVE A TREAT, etc.). His speech has been somewhat delayed, and so I am still eager to get signing more with him, even though he is starting to vocalize and attempting new words every day. He has always been one of those babies who is more interested in making physical break-throughs...but his frustrations lead to NUMEROUS melt-downs on a daily basis. Learing MORE offered a small respite initially, but he has many more demands now, and no way to communicate them aside from showing his displeasure. Even if he learns the audible word at the same time as the sign, I am sure the process will be highly beneficial. If possible, I would like ASL to become a language that he will have for quite some time to come.

But I am most excited about starting on the right foot with my second son, who is now 2.5 months old. My new Baby Signing Book explains things soooo much better than any other book that I was able to find and I really hope that I will be able to make the most of it with me new little guy. And if I can get Big Brother and Daddy in the game, it will just add that much more to the family dynamic. Nanny and Poppa have even expressed a little interest, so that could be fun to watch :)

No comments: