Thursday, April 07, 2016

Driven, purposeful & grateful...we like that!

WeeHands allows us to meet both parents and professionals who are incredible. Today, we get to highlight one of those professionals, Jacquelyn Ward, who is an Administrator at PleasanTime Child Care Center in Cambridge, Wisconsin.

Jacquelyn, where did you grow up? 

I grew up in Sun Prairie, WI . I lived in town and the privilege to walk or bike everywhere was super cool. Especially when I was old enough to go alone ( grocery store, dentist, doctor) school was just up the street so that was no big deal. I am the middle child and six total in our family. Having a older sister, younger sister and younger brother there was lots of sharing and occasion fighting. I was a shy, happy gal and enjoyed caring for my baby dolls and then caring for real children when I was older. I was always right by the side of my aunts when they cared for their little ones.

Describe what & how your work serves parents & families 

I am the Administrator/Owner of a group child care center serving children 6 weeks to 12 years, we are licensed for 84 children & opened our doors August 31, 1992. I have been in the Early Childhood field for over 30 years in which I wore many hats of assistant teacher, teacher , head teacher, assistant director and now Administrator /Owner.

What three words best describe how your work? 

Driven , Purposeful & Grateful


What's the biggest lesson learned you've learned

Maintain an attitude of gratitude and continue to be my best. To be extraordinary within the services that are provided to our clients and customers. Maintain the integrity of a program that provides memories that will be in the hearts of the children and families we touch for a lifetime. Be a life long learner by keeping up with reading,  maintaining  & creating connections and education( attending conferences or other training events).

What keeps you interested in what you do?

I feel truly blessed to do something that I feel purpose. I will receive a warm hug ( sometimes from the back . . . which is spontaneous and unexpected), hear my name for the 1st time by a young child learning to speak, or shouted as I enter the room. Also receiving a complement from a customer that PleasanTime Child Care Center, Inc.. is a perfect fit and the excitement of a great decision. This ripple effect of gratitude fills my bucket to overflowing.

The baby resource/product invented: 

Swaddle blanket, nuk both find the special calm for a child when crying. I am not truly impressed by all the noisy toys etc. I do believe the best part of caring for a baby is time spent holding, rocking, playing on the floor

No comments: